Curry Chickpea Recipe:
- 1/2 lbs dry organic chickpeas
- 2 tbsp curry powder – I like the Chief Brand
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- A piece of grated ginger
- Seasonings – salt, pepper, bay leaves, pimento seeds
- Garlic, Red Onions, Scotch Bonnet Pepper
- Optional – Pumpkin/Potatoes, Okra & Carrots
- Take one cup of dry chickpea and soak in water overnight.
- Boil or pressure cook the chickpea until tender
- In a large sauce pan use a tablespoon of coconut oil and add a 2 tablespoons of curry powder and sauté until slightly burnt
- Partially Drain and add the cooked chickpea and add 1/2 cup coconut milk.
- Season the curry to taste by adding, thyme, onion, pepper, pimento seeds, cumin, bay leaves, potatoes, carrots, okra, grated ginger, salt and pepper.
- Simmer until cooked to desired consistency. All more water or coconut milk to get the desired texture of your choice.